Thursday, October 14, 2010

Lovebird Lane

I’m kind of wishing I’d sat on my hands a little longer before ordering this block of the month.  It’s not that I don’t like it – I do, but I have no idea what I’m going to do with it and I’m not looking forward to quilting it as it’s all going to be background fill which isn’t one of my strong points.

This is the first block – I’m only about 6 months behind!

Lovebird Lane 004

It’s pieced and appliquéd with a few finishing touches by hand embroidery. 

I have a few more pictures from the Quilt Show I’d like to share.  I don’t think we ever tire of looking at beautiful quilts.

I liked this quilt – in fact I think I bought the magazine a couple of years ago that it was featured in.

Brant Heritage Quilt Show 011

This one was wool felt appliqué.

Brant Heritage Quilt Show 021

Brant Heritage Quilt Show 022

The picture doesn’t do this wall hanging justice – it was stunning!

Brant Heritage Quilt Show 023

Brant Heritage Quilt Show 024

I’m always drawn to blue & white quilts, and this one was no exception.

Brant Heritage Quilt Show 027

I think I need to make one of these.

Brant Heritage Quilt Show 030

The quilting on this wall hanging was outstanding.

Brant Heritage Quilt Show 047

Brant Heritage Quilt Show 049 Brant Heritage Quilt Show 048

I have a few more Quilt Show pictures left, but I have a feeling this will take forever to download, so I’ll save them for my next post.

2 comments:

Jackie's Stitches said...

I love your BOM block. I can see where it's going to be a challenge to quilt but I have no doubt that you'll come up with something that will work beautifully!

Bunny said...

OMG I was looking for this pattern and no one has it LOL. I love it, my friend bought the one that was in the show all made up. Let me know where you are getting this from. Hugs