Sunday, November 7, 2010

Busy Busy

I’ve been busy – really busy and it’s been nice.  Last weekend I went to a retreat where I worked on my Blooming 9 Patch ALL weekend.  I don’t know what I was smoking when I told you I hoped to come home with a finished top.  Maybe that was before I realized there were 256 nine patches in this king size quilt!  I did get a lot done, and I’ve been working diligently on it since then. 

Blooming 9 Patch 002

Here it is in 3 pieces – the centre strip still needs to be sewn on – once I receive a 5” square from the place I ordered the fabric.  I messed up on cutting the first block and didn’t have enough fabric to re-cut it correctly.  As soon as that arrives, I’ll replace the centre block, get that strip sewn in and then put the borders on.  This has really been fun to work on and I must say it went together beautifully.  I think I owe a big debt of thanks to Debbie Caffrey for all the great tips I learned in her cutting class.

On Wednesday, Sandra & I went to see Wicked and we loved it!

Wicked

We both love musicals – I think we’ve seen just about all of them.  While Les Miserable is still my favourite, this one was really well done and thoroughly entertaining. 

I had a great visit with my Mum today.  It was probably the best visit I’ve had in a long, long time and what a difference it made.  I was tempted to ask the nurses who this nice old lady was and what did they do with my mother!

I have more busy days ahead.  I’m working 3 days this week (moan, moan) then Sandra & I are making our annual pilgrimage to Buffalo next weekend to start our Christmas shopping. 

The following weekend we’re off to Vegas.  Neither one of us are big gamblers but we both love Vegas.  I think for Leo it’s the food.  I might have already told you this story but Sandra once said if we went to the moon, the first thing Daddy would ask when we got back was what did you have to eat! 

I love the sights, the shows and the fountains at Bellagio – I could stand and watch them for hours.  We’ve gone at this time of year before and usually all the Christmas decorations are up, so it should be fun.

2 comments:

Michele said...

Your Blooming is GORGEOUS!

Mary Johnson said...

Love your color choices!

Have fun in Vegas...I love the slots!