Saturday, March 19, 2011

Delinquent Blogger

I have so much admiration for people who blog daily.  It takes real commitment and you have to make it a priority.  Unfortunately, I’m not one of those people.

I’ve been really busy, but I don’t have a whole lot to show for it.  I went on Retreat a couple of weekends ago and I had planned to have my Lovebird Lane top completed.  Ha – that didn’t happen – it still isn’t completed. 

I did get the blocks done

Lovebird Lane 001

but I’m still working on the pieced border.  These are the bows for the corners

Lovebird Lane 002

and these are 8 of the 18 flowers on the border.

Lovebird Lane 003

The other 10 flowers have even more piecing that these ones.  It’s one of those – what on earth was I thinking quilts!

In between piecing this fussy border, I did manage to go and see Melissa Etheridge and Serena Ryder in concert.  I’ve been a fan of Melissa’s for years and I really like Serena’s music too, so the fact that they were together was an added bonus.

Last weekend my girlfriend Ursula and I went back to The Hillcrest Spa.  It was a wonderful 24 hours.  Now we’re just waiting until we win the lottery so we can go and live there.

The crocuses are in bloom in Leo’s garden so spring must be coming.  I hope so!

I caught Molly cuddled up beside “Marmalade” on the chaise in our bedroom – they could be from the same litter!

Molly & Marmalade 004

The weights are purely ornamental :-)

2 comments:

Rian said...

That's a real pretty quilt top. I know what you mean when you say you're busy but have little to show for it. The older I get the busier I get and the less I have to show for it. It is probably that I am slowing down.

Joan said...

OMG, what were you thinking is right! It's going to be beautiful but what a PITA with all those tiny pieces. Keep plugging away so it doesn't become a UFO!

I really like the decorative weights. I think I have some of those somewhere, I'll have to set them out. ;-)