Sunday, March 27, 2011

One of These Tops is Not Like the Other

I’ve been fighting a sore throat and cold this week, but plugged along and got Lovebird Lane finished.

Lovebird Lane 003

I e-mailed this picture to my friend Joan yesterday then noticed that all the large roses in the border were sewn together wrong.  I’ve been looking at this on my design wall all week, but didn’t notice the mistake till I saw the picture.  After I’d said “oh, darn it” (for those of you that know me, you know it was a little stronger than that – well, actually a lot stronger than that) I started taking the border apart to fix it.

Here is the corrected version and if there is a mistake in this one, it’s going to have to stay there!

Lovebird Lane Take 2 002

I’m dreading quilting this as I’m a panto girl and there is no way I can do a panto on this as there are a lot of three dimensional elements in the blocks,  It’s going to need custom work so for now, it will go in the ‘to be quilted’ pile and I’ll think about that another day.

You all know what a huge animal lover I am and I heard some very sad news yesterday.  My friend Deb, over at Rags N Quilts lost Harry, her gorgeous ragdoll kitty.  He was only 5 and my heart just aches for Deb.  Those of us who have loved and lost an animal know what she is going through.

Harry

4 comments:

Jocelyn said...

I posted a picture of this quilt on my blog. We saw it at a local quilt show and it was beautiful. You can see it here -

http://happycottagequilter.blogspot.com/2011/03/more-to-see.html

Bunny said...

Love that quilt and I always find mistakes when I take a photo. LOL I am sure you can quilt this would be fun.

ButtonMad said...

It is a beautiful quilt. Not sure if I would have had the patience to go back and correct it especially when it looked great anyway.

hlken53 said...

Love your sewing room! How did you get the fabric all the same size to store in the cupboard?