Thursday, January 31, 2013

This Too Shall Pass

Technology is a wonderful thing.  I’m writing this post from an isolation room at our local hospital as I sit with my Aunt.  She has been sick for a week and unfortunately isn’t getting any better.  Our wonderful family doctor came to see her at home on Tuesday and administered some shots to help with the nausea and diarrhea, but they didn’t do the trick, so yesterday he asked me to call for an ambulance to take her to Emergency.  First of all, how many doctors do you know that still make house calls?  He is one in a million and I don’t know what we are going to do when he retires.  I made him a quilt a few years ago and almost every time I see him, he tells me how much he treasures it.  I just hope he knows how much we treasure him.

My Aunt is such a trooper.  She has had a lot of illness in her life and somehow always manages to stay cheerful.  She is like a mother to me and I love her to bits.  I just hope they can help her to feel better.  It isn’t the flu, but some intestinal virus – they aren’t sure exactly what, which is why she is in isolation.  So, I’m sitting typing this with latex gloves on and a very unbecoming yellow gown.  It’s a bit of a joke, really, as some nurses ‘suit up’ and some don’t and they are flitting to and fro from patient to patient.

I finished my Starry Eyed Quilt and got the binding sewn on.  This was a pattern from the Moda Bakeshop website and I’d like to do another one some day.

001

I believe the fabric line I used for this was called Ruby and it just takes one layer cake and two charm packs.

006

One of these pictures was taken with a flash and the other without.  Maybe one day I’ll learn to use my camera properly – it has a dozen settings and all I ever use is ‘auto’. 

Speaking of good pictures, my son Ian took this picture of my baby.  I absolutely love it!

BenAuntie

His little world is upside down right now as I’ve been out so much.  I took him over to my Aunt’s earlier this morning while I changed her bed, etc. and he searched the house for her.  I hope she will be home soon – we all miss her!

 

1 comment:

Rian said...

Great photo of Ben! I just love that pooch! Ben is my surrogate dog until I get a real one again.

Hope your Auntie gets better soon.