Friday, February 15, 2013

Smile

There hasn’t been much quilting done around here this week.  My Aunt was discharged from hospital on Wednesday so now that she’s home, I’d like to get back into some kind of routine again.  I did get my Mystery Quilt clues caught up to date – just in time for the new one that was issued today.  No wonder I sometimes feel like a hamster on a wheel!

I’ve been sitting on my hands a lot lately too – trying to stop myself from taking advantage of some of the great sales that have been making their way into my Inbox.  When I’m being good, I just delete them before I even look at them, but sometimes I’m not so good and I actually read them – bad mistake!  So far I’ve resisted buying any more fabric but I’m not sure how much longer I can be good.  There are a couple of e-mails just taunting me every time I look at my in-box and I haven’t had the willpower to delete them…..yet.

Since I don’t have anything to show you, I’ll share this with you.  Colgate have created an ingenious advertising campaign to promote their dental floss, but before I explain the main detail of these images, I will let you look at them quietly:

 

clip_image001
clip_image002
clip_image003

Alright, now that you’ve had time to look at the ads:  in the first one you’ll notice that she has one finger too many; the second one has a phantom floating arm; and the third one, the man has only one ear.  The campaign proved that food remains on your teeth draw more attention than any physical defect!

I didn’t notice any of the deformities so don’t feel too bad if you didn’t either.

 


 

No comments: