Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Progress

I’ve been trying to make some progress with my Hunter’s Star, but it slow going as my attention span isn’t the greatest.

001

I was hoping to make this queen size so I’ll need 20 full blocks and 5 half blocks, but I don’t think I’m going to have enough fabric, so I may have to re-think the size – either that or put on bigger borders but I’m not a big fan of doing that as I always think it looks too obvious.  Speaking of borders, my original idea was to put a small 1 1/2” finished inner border and a 5 1/2” finished outer border, but I have no idea what fabric I am going to use.  Nothing like winging it – most people would have this all figured out before they started cutting, but I like to live dangerously.

I’ve also been trying to finish a Hitchhiker scarf so I can start on this!

Vest

I saw this on Pinterest but the link provided didn’t take me to the pattern.  Thanks to another kindly Pinterest user, she told me where it came from and I ordered the book and the yarn.  I’m anxious to start it, but promised myself I’d finish the scarf first.  This vest is from a book called Seamless or Nearly Seamless Knits and there are some other very nice patterns in the book.  Since sewing things together is my least favourite part of knitting, this fits the bill perfectly!

I promised you pictures of some of my other knitting projects, but for the life of me I can’t find my model Bruno!  Before I got sick, I cleaned out our spare bedroom and packed away most of my very many bears but I was sure I left Bruno out as he made a great model and he was very special to me.  I have no idea where he has disappeared to so now I’ll have to go searching.

001

Here he is modeling a Ruffle Scarf I made a year or so ago.  How could I misplace something this big?  Maybe I did pack him away – who knows – I have no memory anymore, not that it was so great to begin with!

It’s very deceiving looking out the window this morning – the sun is shining and it looks like a gorgeous fall day, but the temperature is hovering around the freezing mark.  I really hope we aren’t in for a long, cold winter as I already missed spring and summer this year! 

I’ve been looking at all the pictures on Facebook from Quilt Market and it makes me wish I was going to Houston.  I’m sure all the stores will be e-mailing all kinds of new goodies to tempt us just as soon as they get home.  Of course, I’m not buying anything – not a single thing – until I use up some of what I already have.  Does that sound familiar? 

 

No comments: