Sunday, October 11, 2009

Only One More Sleep….

To say I’m getting excited about my trip would be an understatement.  I am so looking forward to visiting with Ann and seeing all the sites in Dallas, then what could be better than heading of to ‘the’ Quilt Show of all quilt shows!

I hauled out another Christmas panel that I bought eons ago. I liked it when I bought it, but I would never have bought it today – our tastes change which is why they tell you when you buy something you should make it right away.  Sure, like that’s ever going to happen.

Anyway, I found the panel and what I assumed was the backing but only enough for a narrow border, so I started merrily cutting away, then realized I had more of the border fabric and I could have cut the borders wider.  Oh, well, what will be will be.

Ben & Molly October 2009 004

It’s just stuck on my design wall, although it is already quilted.  I think it’s a good wallhanging size, but I’m going to embellish it with some crystals and I have some decorative button birds that I think will jazz those trees up a bit. 

Sandra and Darren came over yesterday and we had a bit of a photo shoot.  They brought a tiny little witches hat and of course, both Molly and Ben were forced to wear it for their photo op.

Ben & Molly October 2009 008

Ben & Molly October 2009 013

Poor Ben, it kept slipping down his face and ended up looking like a big pointed nose on him.

I’ve been trying to keep myself occupied so decided I’d embroider some Halloween towels for Sandra.  I’m planning to do 4, but they are really stitch intensive and they have over 30 thread changes, so I’ve only got 2 1/2 done so far.  Here are the two that are finished.

Embroidered Halloween Towels 002 I hope to have lots of great pictures to post when I get back, although I don’t think I’m taking my camera to the Quilt Show.  I think you can spend so much time trying to get a good shot and waiting for people to get out of the way, that it takes a lot of the pleasure of viewing the quilts away.  Hopefully they will sell a CD of the quilts and I can look at them that way.

Happy Thanksgiving to all my Canadian friends and Hi Y’All to all my friends in Texas – see you soon!

3 comments:

Rian said...

Have a wonderful time, as I know you will. I hope you got a picture of Ben with the pointy nose, I'd like to see that one. The panel quilt is very lovely, and I have renewed respect for panels. I think they're really okay.

Deb said...

Have a great trip Irene.. will miss you I am sure your furbabies will too.. bring back lots of pics so that we can be armchair quiltshow attendees..

Jackie's Stitches said...

One day I hope to go to Houston too! I'm sure you're having a fabulous time!

How do you get your pup to wear a hat? He looks so willing!