Nothing improves my state of mind more than a little quilting time and I was able to get some of that in this weekend.
I quilted this simple little baby quilt with a panto called Dragonfly Pond and I’m really pleased with how it turned out.
You can see the pattern better on the back.
I sewed all my leftover strips together for the binding. I’ve never done that before, but I think it worked.
I saw this quilt on the back cover of a quilting magazine at the beginning of the summer and fell in love with it. I e-mailed the fabric requirements to Rachel at The Old Country Store and a week later they were in my mail box. Now usually, I don’t start something I buy right away – it has to age, sometimes forever, but I was anxious to get this one started and I finished it today.
I used a panto called Paisley Playtime on this one as the centre fabric is a paisley (although you certainly couldn’t tell from this picture).
Again, the quilting shows up much better on the backing.