We’re getting there – not fast enough for my liking, but I can see progress.
My sewing room is ‘almost’ finished. Here’s a look at it empty after the floor was installed and it was painted.
Now it looks like this:
I still have to put up window coverings and my design wall isn’t up yet either. I had to order a flannel sheet from the Sears catalogue as I looked everywhere for a white flannel sheet and couldn’t find one.
Darren made me shelves in my closet and this has really increased my storage space.
I PROMISE I am never, ever going to put piles in my room again. This is going to be a pile free room from now on!
The rest of our house is still hopping though. The upstairs bathrooms have been painted, and the wallpaper has been taken off all the hallway walls, but next we need to get the new hardwood installed, then the painters will come back and finish painting our bedroom and the upper and main floor hallways.
Leo just called me and said the going rate to install hardwood is $2.00 a foot, which we expected, but what we didn’t expect was they want $2,000 to do 4 stairs – that’s right $2,000!!!!! Why is nothing ever easy (or cheap, for that matter). I’ve called Darren to see if he can help with the stairs, as he did the floor installation in my sewing room for me.
I still haven’t sewn a stitch, but I have been doing more knitting.
I really like the 2 pair on the left, but I’m not crazy about the striped ones.
I’ve also knit a couple of these:
It’s actually a lot more attractive in person than in this picture.
Now comes my rant – my Dyson vacuum cleaner. First, some background. We have had central vac for years, but last year while Leo was away, it died – the motor burned out and I was desperate so I went out and bought a Dyson Animal. Leo has hated this vacuum since day one, but I kept defending it – not because I really liked it, but because I didn’t want to admit he was right! It’s heavy, the ball on the base makes it too large to go under anything (like a coffee table) using it as a portable needs a degree in rocket science in order to put it back together.
Naturally, when I need it most in the midst of this mess, the suction isn’t working. I did everything recommended on the Dyson website but to no avail, so today I called them. After almost an hour on the phone when they had me take this sucker (NOT) apart piece by piece, they determined that whatever is wrong with it is not something that can be fixed over the phone. They are sending me a box to send it back for repair.
My poor cleaning ladies are going to earn their money this week!