For the past several years, we have wanted to get rid of the broadloom in our upstairs hallway, our bedroom and my sewing room. We’ve put it off and put it off as I knew it wasn’t going to be a fun project. The whole place needs painted and we are putting in new hardwood on top of the existing hardwood which is underneath the broadloom.
We decided to do my sewing room first, so everything could be put back in place, then the bedroom could be done without having to move all the stuff in my sewing room onto new flooring.
This is what my sewing room looks like right now after we tore out the broadloom and emptied most of it out.
I’ve been playing with different layouts for my sewing table but it isn’t easy as what you can’t see in the picture is my sewing cabinet has a large flap on the back that comes up which I use ALL the time for cutting.
What you also can’t see in these pictures is what I’ve already taken out of the room.
This is now sitting in our bedroom and what a time we had getting it out as it was taller than the door so we had to try and flip it which also wasn’t easy as it hit the ceiling every time we tried to flip it. We decided to just leave it on its side for the time being.
Then we have this downstairs in my longarm room:
and let’s not forget this!
I’ve already bemoaned the fact that I have the smallest room in the house with the most stuff. If I’d discovered my quilting passion just a couple of years earlier, before we redid our guest bedroom, I would have knocked the wall down between the guest room and my sewing room giving me a beautiful big space and it would have still left 3 bedrooms on one level just in case we kick the bucket and the kids want to sell the house.
That’s all history though and I have to try and figure out how to make what I have work. I’m looking at paint chips and trying to decide what colour to paint and I’m also open to any and all suggestions you might have – and if you know the number for a 12 step program, that might come in handy too!