Friday, July 22, 2011

Is It Hot Enough For You?

I know most of the country is suffering through a massive heat wave but for someone with asthma, this has been brutal.  Snow is looking pretty good right about now!

It’s been too hot to sew as the air conditioning just can’t keep up – yesterday with the humidity factored in, it was 116F or 48C here.  Before this hit, however, I did get a few things accomplished.

I can now share the tea towels I appliquéd for my friend Joan’s birthday.  I forgot to take a picture before I mailed them, so she kindly sent me one.

Appliqued Towels

If we have to do dishes, we should at least have something cute to do them with.

I also got my Jelly Braid top finished and it’s going in the ‘to be quilted’ pile.  That pile is getting a bit overwhelming, so I need to spend some time on Tillie soon.  At least she’s in the basement, so it’s nice and cool down there.  In fact, it’s downright cold!

Jelly Braid 003

You can’t really tell from the picture, but the flowers in the border fabric are a dark purple which picks up the purple in the braids. 

I just received the class lists for Houston.  I’m lucky enough to be going back this year and I thought it might be nice to take a class this time.  The list is overwhelming – this is going to need some serious thought.  Anyone have any suggestions on not to be missed classes?

3 comments:

Char said...

I'm having a hard time realizing it can get that hot in Canada!! Here in Kentucky we say if you don't like the weather stick around for a day and it will change. But this heat wave is making that a false statement. If you go between the basement and upstairs your internal thermastat will be very confused!!

Mary Johnson said...

This is lovely! I need to do another braid.

Joan said...

I think if I was you I'd hole up in the basement with Tillie for the duration. Your braid quilt it beautiful, another one for my list.

And thank you again for the gorgeous tea towels. I'm going to have a hard time using them since they're too nice to use, but I keep reminding myself that they should be used much like a quilt should be used.