Thursday, July 14, 2011

Queen’s Quay

I met my friend Shirley at Union Station in Toronto on Tuesday and we spent the day on the waterfront at Queen’s Quay.  It was very hot and very humid, but there was a breeze from time to time, so we survived.

5

We took a boat tour of the Toronto islands and the view of the Toronto skyline was quite impressive!

4

The dome shaped building is the Rogers Centre where the Blue Jays play and to the right of it is the CN Tower which used to be the world’s tallest freestanding structure. Almost all of the other high-rises are bank buildings – that’s where all the money is!

We had a lovely lunch on the waterfront and watched the ducks and swans swim by.  The above pictures were taken with my phone as I didn’t want to lug my camera with me, but they turned out not too badly.

No comments: