Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Ahhhhh…..back to normal

What a wonderful feeling to be back to normal, or at least my version of it.  Leo's back to work, laundry is caught up, ironing is done, sewing room is clean - bliss!  Not even the fact that it was -13 degrees could dampen my spirits this morning.  It's a snow free minus 13 so all is good.

I wish I could figure out how to change the font and keep it changed on this post.  It keeps reverting to some blinding teeny tiny font that even with a magnifying glass would be hard to read! 

I did get some more pictures to share.  This is the Hitchhiker Scarf that I finished before Christmas, but just got the ends sewn in this morning.  It still isn’t blocked, but I’m not convinced it needs to be.

Hitchhiker Scarf

Here’s my favourite model, Bruno, showing it off:
Hitchhiker Scarf 1

I even had enough left over to knit a pair of socks.

Madeleintosh Socks (2)

I used Madeleintosh Sock wool for these and this wool is quickly becoming my favourite.  It’s so nice to work with and has great stitch definition.

I got inspired last night to clean up my knitting supplies.  All my long needles are in an old tennis ball container and it serves the purpose very well.  However, my circular needles were a different story and I needed somewhere to keep everything together and handy.  Enter the Yazzi bag that I bought in Houston. 

Yazzi Bag

A lot of people use these for keeping their applique and sewing supplies, but I found it was perfect for all my knitting paraphernalia. 

Yazzi Bag 1

It has lots of zippered compartments and I can keep everything in one little bag.

Still on the knitting topic, Sandra gave me a yarn bowl for Christmas.   I only heard about these recently from a girl in my Knitting Group, but if you live in a house with a cat, or are sick of picking your wool up off the floor, this is the answer!
Yarn Bowl

There are two ‘holes’ in this one, the small round hole is if you are working with really fine yarn so the hole helps keep it in the bowl.  I’m probably the last knitter on the planet to hear about this, but I just love it and I’m no longer down on my hands and knees trying to find where my wool has rolled to!

Just in case you think I’ve forgotten how to quilt, I have been working on a penguin log cabin quilt.  I saw this idea at our Guild’s Show & Tell and thought it was a great way to use up novelty fabric that you have no idea what to do with.

Penguin Log Cabin 004

Since I’ve taken this picture, all the blocks are sewn together and there is a narrow black border on it.  I’m going to finish it off with a wider red border.  This whole top was done from scraps from my strip bins.  Unfortunately, it didn’t even make a dent!

I’m off to try and figure out how to ‘fix’ the font on this post as every time I start a new paragraph it reverts to the small font.  I just love technology .

4 comments:

Sandy Panagos said...

Normal is good. Especially if normal is getting so much knitting and quilting done!

Three Birds Inspired said...

A yarn bowl?! I have got to get one!!

Rian said...

I am envious...I have several days of catch-up ahead of me. We still have family visiting so no chance to take down the tree--although I did get my personal laundry done. Not put away, though...but that's SOP for me. Cool bowl--whoever made it is very clever.

Joan said...

Bruno looks dashing in his new scarf. I think you should make him some socks too! Great job, it's a really cool scarf.

Those knitting bowls are so cute. I saw some nice ones on Etsy before Christmas.