Friday, January 27, 2012

Is January Over Yet?

I’m not trying to wish my life away, but this has been one long, blah month. 

I’ve been on a mission to get some quilts that are in various stages of completion finished.  Here’s my first finish of 2012.

Wedgewood Blues 2 Cropped

 

006 (2)

I quilted this using the Circle Lord Seven Treasures of Buddha template.

I’m trying to sell this one, just to recoup my costs.  I donate a lot of my quilts to various charities and give a lot away as gifts, but what do you do with the rest?  I want to continue to quilt, but my pile of completed quilts is getting bigger and I don’t know what to do with them.  Whenever I start a new quilt, the question I’m always asked is – who is is for?  Usually I don’t have a clue – it’s just a pattern or fabric that I like and I want to make it.  What do you do with all your quilts?

I started this one before Christmas.  It’s made completely from my scrap bin, other than the borders.  I got the backing for it cut today and maybe it will get quilted this weekend….maybe.

Penguin Log Cabin

Penguin Log Cabin 006

There’s also been a lot of knitting going on, but I don’t have anything completed to show you – no surprise there!  I was delighted to win the book, Sweet Shawletts from Julie at The Needle Emporium.   I haven’t received it yet, but I’m looking forward to getting it in the mail shortly.

Sweet Shawlettes

If you live locally and haven’t been to this store, you don’t know what you’re missing.  She has the most beautiful collection of wool that I’ve ever seen in one place.  Unfortunately, some of it isn’t there any longer as it came home with me Smile 

I also got a nice surprise from A Quilters Dream.  They sent me a gusseted quilted bag pattern to try and they included these gorgeous fat quarters to make it with! 

Fat Quarters from Quilter's Dream 001

 

My friend Onalee sent me a link to this tutorial for a very easy, no-sew pet bed.  I just had to try it, so I made a couple last weekend and took one over for my grandkitties.  Abby just loved it and apparently she has been inseparable from it ever since.

Abby's New Bed 1

Abby's New Bed

It’s a tough life, isn’t it!

1 comment:

Bunny said...

Cute kitty bed. I also love that blue and cream quilt just gorgeous. Yes what do we do with all the quilts. At least you can quilt yours on your machine.