Wednesday, February 13, 2008

I'm Off to Class

I get my lesson on my new machine tomorrow from Carol at The Quilt Batt. Carol is an amazing quilter and a lovely person. I haven't had many quilts professionally quilted, but those that I have, were all quilted by Carol. She has a beautiful studio literally tucked into the woods. She lives at the top of the Niagara Escarpment and her house is down a long winding driveway and behind her house is her separate studio. It's a bright cheerful spot and I'm looking forward to learning as much as I can from her.

Last year, my best friend of over 50 years got married after being single for most of her life. She has always loved Hummel figurines so this is the quilt I made for her wedding present - if you click on the picture it should enlarge for you giving you a better look at the individual blocks. I bought the designs from Pfaff.


Carol did the quilting and she did an amazing job McTavishing all the embroidered blocks:












I can only dream of one day being this good.

1 comment:

SandyQuilts said...

Tell me tell me everything that happened .... I can't wait.