Thursday, February 21, 2008

I've Been Tagged

I've been tagged by Sandy who asked me to post 7 weird or random facts about myself. I'm not sure how 'weird' I am, but here goes.

  1. I was born in Scotland and moved to Canada when I was 5, but returned when I was 10 for over a year. I remember going to school in Scotland and they tried to break all my 'Canadian' writing habits - they told me my capitol Fs looked like giraffes and I was hit across the knuckles numerous times because I didn't write my Rs the way the British do! And to think, this wasn't THAT long ago.
  2. I am an only child and have hated it all my life. I especially miss a sibling now when I'm trying to deal with difficult decisions regarding my aging family members.
  3. I consider quilting my lifesaver. I enjoyed crafts all my life - knitting, embroidery, cross stitch, etc. but when I developed arthritis in my hands, I could no longer do hand work. The day I walked into a quilt store and thought 'I can do this' was the day my life began again.
  4. I am anal about toilet tissue rolling from under the roll. It just has to, and if it doesn't, I'll change it - doesn't matter where I am.
  5. I am very compulsive and impatient - not two good traits. If I want something, I want it NOW.
  6. I have a bedroom completely decorated around my teddy bear collection. For years, friends have been giving me bears - stuffed bears, ceramic bears, big bears, small bears - so many that when we redecorated a spare bedroom, I decorated it around the bears. (I guess that is pretty weird!)
  7. This won't come as a surprise to anyone who knows me, but I LOVE animals and can't stand to see or hear of any animal abuse.

No comments: