I finally achieved, on this quilt, what I've been striving for - stitch definition with the stitches sinking into the quilt. The batting was supplied with the quilt and I think that is what has made the difference so I must find out what kind of batting it was. It was fairly 'linty' but I'll put up with that to achieve the end result.
Next on my list is my Aunt's Jewel Box quilt. I have procrastinated way too long on quilting this. I am so afraid I'm going to mess it up and I put so much work (and money) into the top.
I took it with me for my lesson with Carol and we discussed some options for quilting, now I just have to get the guts to get out of my comfort zone and go for it! This top is crying out for some custom treatment - it would be so easy to do a panto, but I've promised myself I wouldn't do that.
Just noticed Blogger has finally fixed the Spell Check - yayyyyy.