Friday, May 14, 2010

I’m Getting There

This is the first day in a long, long time that I haven’t felt the need to go and work on clearing out my Mum’s house.  It’s all done!  The For Sale sign went up on Wednesday night and there will be an Open House on Sunday.  I hope I don’t have to resort to burying little statues in the front lawn in order to get it sold, but if I do, hopefully Rian can remind me which one I have to buy :-)

I’ve been working on my Trail Mix this morning in between loads of laundry and I have the top together.  This is a very bad picture as it’s all wrinkled but I didn’t feel like moving stuff out of the way to properly lay it down – there is only so far I’ll go for my blog readers!

Trail Mix 004

I still have 3 borders to go on and I think I have them picked out.  I know scrap quilts don’t appeal to everyone (Joan!) but I’m happy with how this turned out.  I think the secret is to look at the overall effect, rather than concentrate on the individual fabrics.

When this is done, I’m hoping to spend some time with Tillie.  There are a number of tops that have been patiently waiting to be quilted so I hope I can get to them soon.

1 comment:

Rian said...

Let's hope the house sells quickly and you don't need the St. Joseph statue! If it's priced right and you have a sharp agent, you should be okay. If you get an offer it will probably be a lot lower than you expect. But don't turn them down, negotiate with them, because you may not get another offer for a long long time, if ever. I've heard the stories of regrets too many times.

Best of luck to you. Now relax. You've earned it.