Thursday, December 20, 2007

It Might be Looking Like Christmas but....

I'm certainly not feeling in the Christmas spirit - whatever that may be. I am totally stressed out and have already had one major meltdown and can feel another on the way. No matter how much I try to simplify the holidays, there is still an awful lot of things to be done - most of them by me.

I always start feeling resentment at this time of year - Leo buys one gift (mine) and gets Sandra to wrap it. I lay awake one night this week and mentally counted 35 people that 'we' buy gifts for. Don't get me wrong, I love giving - I get much more pleasure out of giving than receiving - but I hate trying to come up with different gift ideas every year. Then my resentment that I get no help with the ideas or the shopping starts building and next thing you know, watch out!

Today is my last day of work until January 2nd so I'm hoping that some time off will help give me an attitude adjustment. I need some Ben time - time on the snuggle chair wrapped in a quilt with my baby. This is a picture of Ben the day we got him - 6 years ago on the weekend before Christmas. He was the best Christmas present I ever received!

1 comment:

SandyQuilts said...

Hang in there girl. This time next week we'll be laughing about our stress and the tree will be packed away.