Sunday, December 30, 2007

The Quilting Process

The question has often been asked - which is your least favourite part of the quilting process? Today, I would have to answer - cutting, piecing and squaring the quilt backs. I just finished doing this for six quilts ranging in size from lap to queen size and it wasn't fun. However, they are all now ready to be quilted so bring on the new machine! Quite some time ago, Darren made me this quilt rack where I store all my tops and backings - he's so handy!



I usually try and match my backs with my fronts whenever possible - some people are of the opinion that the back is never seen so it doesn't matter what goes on it, but unfortunately I'm not one of those people. The 'matchy matchy' gene in me is just too dominant.

I spent most of yesterday cleaning up my sewing room - again! I think part of the problem is that it occupies the smallest room of the house and it contains more 'stuff' than all the other rooms combined. My solution - bigger room. Leo's solution - less stuff!

Now that it's all cleaned up, I'm inspired to start something new or at the very least finish some UFOs - heaven knows I have lots to pick from.

1 comment:

SandyQuilts said...

Happy New Year.

Yahoooooo Darren I want one of those quilt thingies too. You're other mother-in-law to be.