Since I was home today, I did get my Embroidered Medallions finished - well, the top is finished - it still needs to be quilted.
This picture really doesn't do it justice - it's much more striking up close and personal. I showed you a close-up of some of the blocks in a previous post and here are a few more:
Now my dilemma is - what do I do with it? I seem to have this problem with most things I make which is why I donate most of them to various organizations.
Also on my design wall at the moment is this:
The Y seams aren't sewn yet - but they will be soon - honest! Every September for the last three years I have attended a seminar sponsored by the Amherst Quilt Guild in Amherst, NY. They bring in national teachers and I have had the pleasure of taking classes from Carol Taylor, Sue Nickels and this year, Karen Combs. The star block above was the result of her 3D class. I need to pick a background fabric and GET IT FINISHED!!
When I ordered my new longarm, they told me it would ship around the middle or end of January, but I got a call on Wednesday telling me they had a machine ready to go and it shipped yesterday. It's certainly going to get a workout when it arrives.