Friday, January 23, 2009

Back to Quilting

I finished this little top today. I had to put it sideways on my design wall to get a picture of the whole thing.

Have you ever noticed that when you have to go out and buy fabric for a pattern it seems you always need so much, but when you are trying to use up stuff from your stash, you don't use nearly as much as you hoped you would?

I'll try and find something in my stash to back this with. Now that should use up at least a couple of yards!

I think I'm going to change gears this weekend and work on some machine embroidery. I have some designs (understatement of the year) I'd like to try and I just got some beautiful cotton tea towels to try them on. Someone at our Stitch N Chat the other day said there was no skill involved in machine embroidery - you just pushed a button and sat and watched it stitch out. Obviously, she's never tried it!

2 comments:

Three Birds Inspired said...

Amen to that! My sister has the Designer II from Husquavarna with the embroidery module and I swear that if she looks away for a minute the darned thing goes haywire!

Mary Johnson said...

I don't have the patience for machine embroidery! Deb used to do a fair amount but I think she spends most her time quilting now.