Monday, January 19, 2009

A Special Kind of Doll

I'll get back to more pictures of the wedding in a day or so, but wanted to share this with you today.

My Aunt has a neighbour in her 80s who gave me this little doll that she made.



Now this isn't just any old doll, it's a Dammit Doll. The little poem attached to it's neck reads as follows:

When you are about to climb the walls

And need to scream and shout

Here is a little dammit doll

You cannot do without.

Just grab it by the legs

And find a way to shake it

And as you whack the stuffing out

Just yell dammit, dammit, dammit!

She knows how frustrated both my Aunt and I get with my Mother, so she gave us one each. Trust me, it will get a lot of use!

Ben decided to go for a dip in the pool today:






He loves the snow but isn't quite so fond of getting dried off!

1 comment:

Deborah Levy said...

OMG! what a cute doll and idea! Boy, I could use a dammit doll myself lol!

Ben! Whatever were you thinking???

Hope that baby got dried off and warmed up!

When you get tired of being cold..come to Florida...just not this weekend...it's gonna get cold here...40 at night and 0nly 60 during the day! But the good news is, that by the weekend it'll be back near 80...thank God!