Monday, June 22, 2009

Baking & Bookmarks

It's been busy around here lately, but not on the quilting front. Thursday night I went with the girls at work to a "Martini & Manicure" night at a local restaurant, Cucci. For $20 you got a martini and a manicure and the most delicious appetizers like scallops, bruchetta with cherry tomatoes and prosciutto, mushrooms and risotto coated in polenta then pan fried. I only wish I'd taken my camera to get pictures as the presentation was as good as the food. I'm now wearing "I'm a Princess, You're Not" - don't you just love the names OPI come up with.


Friday, Sandra and I made a trek down to Buffalo where she had a very successful day and I loaded up on all the Aveda products I love which are about a quarter of the price there than they are here. I picked up some more fusible fleece at Joann's in the hopes of making some more bags. There wasn't a line-up at the border either coming or going so it looks like the new passport requirement has cut down on the number of people crossing.


Yesterday, we celebrated my Mum's 87th birthday, along with Father's Day. The weather co-operated and it was a beautiful warm, sunny day.


In between all of this, I've been stitching these out:



They are free standing lace bookmarks and they stitched out beautifully. I thought they would be nice to have on hand when you need a 'little something' for a thank you. They stitched out so well, it has inspired me to do some more machine embroidery but I haven't quite decided what I'll do yet. Maybe the ornaments I bought about 2 years ago and have yet to stitch out?

Tomorrow I'm hosting our Stitch N Chat so I did some baking this afternoon. I really think we should change the name to Chat N Eat.

2 comments:

Joan said...

Those bookmarks are adorable! Where did you get the designs? Do tell, what did you bake?

Three Birds Inspired said...

Martinis and manicures? What a fabulous idea!!