Sunday, November 22, 2009

Another Week Bites the Dust

I haven’t been very productive this week as I haven’t been home much at all. 

I did get my new supply of crystals and added some embellishment to the Christmas wallhanging.  New camera or not, it was still very difficult to get a good picture of this.

Christmas Wallhanging 001

Christmas Wallhanging 002

I could have added a lot more crystals, but since I don’t like it much to begin with, I wasn’t going to waste the time or money.

I told you that I bought a book in Houston entitled “Cotton Theory”.  I wanted to try something simple so decided to try the placemats.  There is a lot of cutting involved as you cut your top, your batting and your backing as this technique is reversible. 

I think I must have been smoking something when I picked out the colours in this, but it gives you an idea of how this works. One side is the front, the other the back.

Placemats 004

What appealed to me when I saw this demonstrated is you can use some of the decorative stitches on your machine – you know, the ones you have a hundred of and only ever use 2!

Placemats 005

Placemats 006

I’m going to donate these to our Guild’s Christmas Pot Luck.  My Stitch Group seemed to like them a whole lot more than I do and convinced me someone would like them.  I hope they weren’t just being nice! 

Tomorrow I’m going to play bridge.  I was trying to figure out how long it’s been since I played, and I think it must be about 25 years.  I warned my friend that set up the game that I will probably need to learn all over again, but she assured me that she has invited very patient people to play. 

I’m almost afraid to put this in writing in case I jinx myself, but my bowling average has improved dramatically this year.  It certainly makes it a lot more fun when you don’t have to throw two balls every frame. 

I bought some Embroidery Designs in Houston and I’m hoping to get some done this afternoon.

mcw07

Isn’t this little guy cute!  In case you are interested, I bought them here

No comments: