Monday, November 30, 2009

Wonderful Weekend

I’m back from a Quilting Retreat and I had a great time. Not only did I get a lot accomplished, but I got to spend some quality time with old friends and new friends.

Before I left, I stitched out two more mylar embroidery designs for Sandra:

Mylar Hippo 004

Mylar Penguin 003

At retreat on Friday, I got 6 of these done:

Retreat November 2009 002

Saturday, I spent the whole day on this bag.

Retreat November 2009 003

I still have a button to sew on the front pocket, then it’s done!

Yesterday I got this Bali Pop cut out:

Retreat November 2009 007

and ready to make this:

Retreat November 2009 009

Both of the snowmen applique patterns and the Quilter’s Harvest pattern came from my favourite local quilt store, Gone to Pieces.

When I was tired of sewing, I worked on this scarf which is almost finished:

Retreat November 2009 006

To top it all off, when I got home yesterday I unpacked everything and put it all away, unlike what I usually do which is dump it all on my sewing table and close the door!

Now I need to concentrate on some Christmas shopping. As much as I’ve whined and complained, as far as I know, Christmas still hasn’t been cancelled this year.

Leo’s gone to Montreal for a couple of days so I can cross off making dinner from my list!

3 comments:

quiltmom anna said...

Great scarf and a beautiful pattern that you are making with the Bali Pop fabrics. How big is the quilt when it is finished?

It sounds like you had a great weekend. Good luck with your Christmas shopping.
Warmest regards,
Anna

Bunny said...

Sure sounds like you had fun. Love the bag you made and the stitch outs are too cute. I have to get back to my machine and finish that Orange Peel quilt. I want to start another but I have to finish that one first LOL.

Mary Johnson said...

Everything looks lovely! The scarf especially looks nice and warm but open enough to drape well -- always a challenge I think to have both warmth and a nice drape.