Sunday, November 1, 2009

How Can it Possibly be November?

Maybe if we got an extra hour every day for the next year, I might actually get some of the stuff done that I would like to.

I have the final quilt show pictures to share with you, then hopefully I’ll have something of my own to show. I worked on the flannel Christmas panel today adding crystals, but then I ran out of a couple of colours I needed, so I’ve just ordered some more. Hopefully they won’t take too long to get here and I can get this finished.

This was my friend Ann’s favourite quilt – Broken Dishes. It was available for sale, but I have no idea what they wanted for it. Actually, quite a few of the quilts were for sale.

Texas October 2009 174

I loved this one – the texture on the little boys hair was amazing – can you see the spider on top of his head?

Texas October 2009 177

This quilt was so simple, but I thought it was lovely.

Texas October 2009 181

This was another of my favourites – it just blows my mind how people come up with their ideas.

Texas October 2009 182

Texas October 2009 187

You know I had to take a picture of anything with an animal on it!

Texas October 2009 191

This was one of my friend Lee’s favourites.

Texas October 2009 192

The grapes in this were so life-like you wanted to reach out and touch them.

Texas October 2009 194

Texas October 2009 195

Texas October 2009 196

Texas October 2009 197

There was a section with all Canadian quilts.

Texas October 2009 210

This was my favourite of the Canadian ones – inspired by the houses in St. John’s, Newfoundland.

Texas October 2009 209

You know how much I like scrappy quilts and this one was spectacular.

Texas October 2009 220

What a wonderful show it was!

1 comment:

Rian said...

Thanks for the great photos! I enjoyed all of them!