Monday, January 14, 2008

Reminiscing



The mailman brought a CD today that I'd ordered off Ebay. Both Leo and I enjoyed the music of Jane Olivor back in the 70s and on a recent hunt through You Tube for something else, I came across one of her songs, which in turn led me to order this CD. She was never really mainstream, but she had, and still has, a terrific voice. Leo just came home and saw the CD lying on the table and asked me why I bought this when we already had most of the songs on a CD already. I told him, no, we don't have her CD, what we have is her RECORD - time sure does fly when you're getting old.


One of the songs on this CD is "How are Things in Glocca Morra" from Finian's Rainbow - now that really brought back memories! When I was very young growing up in Scotland, my favourite game was dressing up and pretending I was Petula Clark. This was long before her "Downtown" success.

To say I am easily distracted or a tad compulsive may be the understatement of the year, but hearing that Petula Clark song brought me back to the computer to do a search on Finian's Rainbow. There were some really good songs in that movie! You see where this is going - don't you! Yep, back to EBay to see if I could find a CD of Finian's Rainbow. It's on order :-)

Back on the quilting front, I really put Tillie to the test yesterday. I quilted a batik top and used a variegated King Tut on both the top and bobbin. The stitches were perfect. I think it is going to be a long and loving relationship between Tillie and I.

No comments: