Wednesday, January 30, 2008

What A Difference A Day Makes...

Especially if it's spent sewing. I had a wonderful day yesterday with the group of local quilters. We did some sewing, some chatting, lots of eating and saw some wonderful quilts in the making. Too bad I forgot my camera! Thanks Lee for including me!

I worked on this flannel lap quilt and actually managed to get the top completed except for one final border.



This picture doesn't do the fabric justice - it's a pretty cream and rose floral flannel and I don't think I'll have any trouble trying to decide how to quilt this - it's just calling out for more flowers on it.











You'll notice I get my ironing board in almost every picture of anything on my design wall. That's because I have so much crap stuff crammed into the smallest room in the house that I can't move it anywhere else to get it out of the picture.

Ben seems to be feeling better but he's still not 100%. It was so cold and windy here today I was afraid he was going to blow away like Toto. He certainly didn't stay outside for long.
Now I'm off to try and get warm.

3 comments:

Rian said...

It's gorgeous! I am especially fond of these colors...

I hope little Ben is feeling better. It can't be any fun to have to go out in the freezing snow to answer "the call."

Deborah Levy said...

looks great! Glad Ben is a little better

SandyQuilts said...

How did I miss this ... beautiful.