Monday, June 16, 2008

It's All About the Food

Tomorrow is my turn for Stitch N Chat so I spent the morning baking - something I don't do very often as I have a bad habit of eating it. First off was blueberry bran muffins:



Then some banana bread:

And finally some blondies:

I made some yummy spinach dip to serve with fruit, veggies and pumpernickel. Cheese and crackers will round out the menu. After that, we'll go out for lunch - and I wonder why I can't lose any weight!!!!!!

I've been auditioning fabrics for my green double four patch and it has brought to light just how many of my fabrics are florals. Even my tone on tones have leaves or flowers on them. So, do I use what I have and make this a feminine quilt or do I buy more fabric for the borders? Don't forget too that I have the matchy matchy gene so I might just have to buy some green tone on tone for the back too. This stashbusting isn't easy!

3 comments:

Mary Johnson said...

Will one of the leaf prints work? I frequently use leaves in *male* quilts.

Three Birds Inspired said...

This is why I can't bust MY stash! Everytime I go to make something, I need anther piece of fabric (or 2 or 3)!

Deborah Levy said...

oooooooh looks yummy...I have that "eat it" problem too.

I don't even try to do the stashbuster thing....why set myself up to fail? If i've got something I like that will work...I use it.If not, I go get something.
Have fun with your group!