Sunday, February 1, 2009

You Can't Make a Silk Purse

Out of a sow's ear....but you can try, and I've been trying for 2 days to turn this top into something vaguely resembling something I might like.




I have learned a couple of lessons. I only like D9Ps that are done with two or three colours at the most, and my fabrics don't have enough contrast. I'm not sure I shouldn't have just cut my losses and sewn the top the way it was, but if nothing else, I like making work for myself. I'm planning on putting on a narrow inner border, then a wider outer border, in the sashing fabric.

I still don't like it, but I don't dislike it as much as I did before.

This arrived in my In-Box this morning and it pretty much sums up my feelings about winter.

2 comments:

SandyQuilts said...

You hit the nail square on ... not enough contrast. I still like the quilt.

Poor snowman he wants to play hangman but no one to play with as they are all inside the house. I'm stealing it. LOL

Jackie's Stitches said...

I like the quilt but I think you're right...it would be more striking with more contrast.

The snowman is cute but I can say that since I live in Florida! :)

I put my email address on blogger so I hope it fixes the no reply issue.