Saturday, March 22, 2008

A Blast From the Past

My High School is celebrating it's 100th Anniversary this May. This school produced some graduates who went on to fame including Doug Henning, the magician; lady golfer Sandra Post; Zenon Andrusyshyn, the CFL and NFL football player; and Harry Barrett who was Mayor of Oakville from 1973 to 1985 (I was his secretary for some of those years). I'm sure there were lots of other famous graduates, but those are the ones that come immediately to mind and I figure finding even 3 on Wikipedia isn't bad!

Anyway, the reunion website has a list of attendees with their e-mail addresses and I almost fell off my computer chair the other morning when I got an e-mail from a friend that I hadn't heard from for over 30 years. She was a bridesmaid at our wedding but shortly after moved out of the area, and as so often happens, we lost touch. She's alive and well (and retired) and living about 3 hours east of us. Her in-laws are still in our area, so we plan to get together the next time she visits. How do you summarize the last 30 years of your life in an e-mail?

I just can't have a post without a picture and who better for you to look at than my baby!

1 comment:

SandyQuilts said...

Ben where are your bunny ears?