Saturday, March 8, 2008

Snowy Saturday

It's really hard not to talk about the weather when just about everyone you talk to mentions how sick they are of winter and the bitterly cold temperatures and huge snowfalls we have had this year.



I lifted this image off the local paper's website - it's been snowing all day and it doesn't look like it is going to stop any time soon.

I spent the day sewing and managed to finally get the background on my cube from the class I took with Karen Combs last year. I just need to quilt and bind it and it's done.


Of course, as usual, I have no idea what I'm going to do with it. Our family room is blue and yellow so maybe I can find a place for it there.


I also made up some quick preemie quilts for the NICU at McMaster Hospital. There is no batting or binding on them as this would make them too heavy - they just have flannel on the back. These are for Easter and the fabric was supplied - isn't it adorable.

I also got my iPod all charged up today and transferred all the music that was on my computer. Who'd of thought I had over 1,000 songs stored on there - maybe that explains why it is so slow. I spent ages going through and deleting a lot as Ian had downloaded a fair number and while I do enjoy a lot of different music, Metallica and Tool are not in my Top 10.

2 comments:

Deborah Levy said...

The cube block is great. And love the NICU blankets...I used to work in the NICU MANY years ago....

The small IPOD is great, isn't it.

I don't know how you deal with all that snow and cold!

SandyQuilts said...

WOW your cube turned out wonderful .... Blue & Gold .. you know those are the fighting colors of WVU.