Sunday, March 16, 2008

Happy Retirement Dave


For almost 18 years we have been friends with one of Leo's suppliers and his wife. We have enjoyed vacations together and regularly meet for dinner. Dave retired in January, so Friday night Leo & I took Dave & his wife Helen out for dinner to celebrate his retirement.

Helen is one of the most artistic people I know - she is so talented and through the years has done some beautiful flower arrangements, stained glass, and she has lately gone back to her first love - painting. She gave me this picture on Friday night and I just love it. It is a local scene of the Grand River with the Caledonia bridge in the background and a beautiful winter sunset. I found the perfect spot in our family room for it!



You might remember this picture from last week:





I just took this picture of the same spot:


I don't know what is going on, but these blue bags full of fabric seem to be reproducing.

On a completely different subject, looks like the arrogance in thinking they won't get caught runs in the Black family.

No comments: