Sunday, October 19, 2008

What A Difference Fabric Makes

I saw a tablerunner in my LQS yesterday made from batiks in fall colours - it was really stunning. I asked if they had the pattern and they told me it came from this book:


Well, I have this book - and I actually remembered that I have it. When I came home I took another look through it and found the pattern:

Now, I wouldn't have given this a second glance in the book, but made up in the 'right' fabrics, it took on a whole new perspective. The centre was done like pebbles with the fall leaves all around it. Just goes to show you what people with a vision can do.

I couldn't resist buying this pattern:


It's a tea cosy - double sided and the sample looked adorable. Now I don't drink tea, and Christmas isn't happening around here this year anyway, remember, but it is large enough to sit on the floor as a decoration - or even in the middle of a table as a centerpiece. If I get my act together soon enough, maybe someone will get to enjoy it this year in their house.

I have a love/hate relationship with my Rowenta iron. I purchased it about 4 years ago and I love it - when it works. I've had to send it back twice for repair, but since they gave me a brand new iron both times and didn't charge me a penny, I can't really complain. Yesterday, it stopped working - again! I think there is a short in the cord somewhere. I'm not sure whether to send it back a third time or just ask my electrical guru at work if he would replace the cord for me.

Yesterday seemed to be the day that lots of things decided not to work around here. I think I've mentioned that I volunteered to distribute our Guild's monthly newsletter. I sent the e-mail out yesterday morning to approximately 110 members but 'something' was wrong with our computer and people received the e-mail numerous times but didn't get the attachment- which was the actual Newsletter.

So, I went off to do some retail therapy and left Leo to figure out what was wrong. After spending hours on the phone with our Internet provider, they discovered our router had died so he had to replace it. Meanwhile, at least half of the 110 people I'd e-mailed, e-mailed me back telling me they had received multiple copies of my e-mail but didn't get an attachment. Don't you just love modern technology!

2 comments:

SandyQuilts said...

What do you mean you don't drink tea ... did you buy "green tea" a few days ago.

Dump sending that out by email. Get a yahoo email group, let everyone join and post it there. Actually I'm pretty sure email providers consider it spamming when you send email out to tons of people like you guild. They have been known to disconnect people ... it happened to friends of mine a couple years ago. Honest.

On the iron .... 3rd time is charm you know. LOL

SandyQuilts said...

Also I have that book too. Great minds think along the same road.