Monday, November 5, 2007

Food for Thought



A friend forwarded a comment made on a forum recently wherein a quilter's son asked his mother "when are you going to use the fabric you really like, instead of always trying to use up the scraps you don't like?". Boy, did that hit close to home. It reminds me of Erma Bombeck's poem about using the good dishes every day and not worrying about your house being clean in order to invite friends over.


Why am I obsessed with using up scraps? When I used to sew clothing, I threw out what I would now consider huge chunks of fabric. You cut out your pattern and any fabric left over went in the garbage. Why do I now have to save every square inch of leftovers?


Here are two of my recent attemps to use up scraps - neither of which put even a small dent in my pile.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Girl you went off to blogland and left me behind. What am I going to do.... Hope Ben is better soon.