Thursday, November 15, 2007

Longarm Retreat in the Woods





Last month I attended a longarm retreat held by Deloa Jones in a beautiful facility tucked into the woods in Mansfield, Ohio. We saw wild turkeys outside those beautiful windows every day. Along with Deloa, Jamie Wallen, Jodi Robinson and Sue Patten taught classes. I learned so much but I have still to find the time to practice everything I learned.











One of the hits of the retreat were Deloa's 'chickens'. As the story goes, she looked at one of Jamie's feathers, saw a chicken and took it from there. At the end of the retreat, somebody cut all Deloa's chickens off the frame and I was lucky enough to win one.







Deloa's 'Chicken Quilt' was spectacular as was so much of the Show & Tell.



This is a satin sampler quilt Jodi did to demonstrate her "Quilt to Fill Method".




This is another of Jodi's pieces that was absolutely stunning.


The teachers and campers were so willing to share their time, knowledge and expertise with us all. I wish I was back there right now......

No comments: