Thursday, November 8, 2007

Shop Till I Drop

I'm off to Buffalo tomorrow with my daughter for our annual shopping weekend. With our Canadian dollar at a 40 year high, you would think I'd be pleased - and I am for online shopping, but as far as crossing the border goes - forget it! There are 5 hour line ups at the border with Canadians flocking to Buffalo for bargains.

Now, I've been going to Buffalo about once a month for the past 30 years and I really think I should get preferential treatment! I was willing to spend when our dollar was only worth 50 cents U.S. so I think the least customs could do is make an exception for me :-) Like that is going to happen......

On the sewing front, I've been trying to embroider something tonight - naturally it's something that HAS to be done and I am getting nothing but thread breakage. I've never had this problem before so I'm sure the embroidery gods are just out to get me because I'm in a hurry and this needs to be finished.

I'll leave you with a picture of some embroidery that DID work out for me - some embroidered toilet paper that I did for Sandra last Christmas. Nobody ever said I was known for my practicality.

No comments: