Monday, April 28, 2008

Baby It's Cold Outside!

Our beautiful weather disappeared and it's turned very cold and rainy again. I guess last week's temperatures were just a tease for things to come.

I spent the afternoon with Tillie today and boy does it feel good to be quilting again. I quilted a tabletopper/wallhanging that I pieced last year and as soon as I get the binding on, I'll post a picture.

We go to see the surgeon tomorrow so I'm anxious to hear what he has to say. I'm still giving Leo injections twice a day and his tube is still draining, so I don't think it will be coming out. Poor guy is desperate to have a shower, but as long as the drainage tube is there, he can't have one. He's still very weak, has very little appetite but he did turn on the TV on Saturday which is the first time he's watched it since he came home so I have to think that is a positive sign.

Since Leo is usually asleep by 6:30 P.M., I snuck out tonight and had dinner with a girlfriend. We always try somewhere new and nine times out of ten, we both order the same thing from the menu. Tonight was no exception. Since I don't have anything quilty to share, I figured pictures of food are the next best thing.

We started with a shared appetizer of crab cakes;

then followed that with a stuffed chicken breast served on a bed of sweet potato fries and veggies.

I could live on sweet potato fries and for some reason, you don't see them much around here. These ones were thin, crispy and delicious and the rest of the meal was very good too. Oh, I almost forgot, I also had one of these - a Cosmopolitan Martini which probably explains why I'm so tired.



Time to go tuck in the patient, make sure he doesn't need any more painkillers, then crawl in beside him.

2 comments:

SandyQuilts said...

Yummy it all looks good.

Hope you get encouraging news from the surgeon today.

Rian said...

That looks like a delicious escape. My DH has been mildly ill for the last three years and it does me a world of good to get away from the heavy cloud that hangs in the air.

Fingers crossed for good news today.