Wednesday, April 9, 2008

What Day Is It?

I am so happy to be able to tell you that Leo was transferred out of ICU on Monday night. He still has some issues to overcome, but I think he is finally headed in the right direction.

I want to thank you all so very much for your concern and prayers. I treasure each and every comment, e-mail and phone call, and the support you have given me has been overwhelming.

I do have a question that I'm hoping someone more savvy than I am with Blogger can help me with. I usually reply to comments people leave and sometimes I can hit reply when I get the e-mail notice and it goes through, yet other times the e-mails are returned. Does anyone know if this is a setting on my end or the person leaving the comment?

Every morning the nursing staff ask Leo what day it is. He usually gets it right, but I've been having great difficulty lately as the days and nights just seem to run into each other and I have to really think about the answer. I told him today that his crocuses were blooming and he was concerned he was going to miss the daffodils. Not to worry, they have only sprouted about an inch out of the ground and I promised him I would take lots of pictures so he would be able to see them. He's the gardener - I just do the admiring.



Every year he plants more and more bulbs - he even found a pink double daffodil just for me as you know how much I like pink! I'm hoping to start getting back to normal - well, the new normal. I'm sure Leo will have a long recovery, but now that I am more confident that he will be O.K. I have to try and get into a new routine and catch up on all my blog reading. I don't suppose it would hurt to do a load of laundry either.

5 comments:

SandyQuilts said...

They more than likely are returned because the person is a "no reply". I don't know why they set up a blog and then don't accept emails ... sounds silly to me.

Kisses to Leo, hugs to Ben and love to you.

Nadine said...

I'm so happy to hear the good news, Irene, and getting into a new routine is definitely a good idea. Take care of you and Ben, too! Maybe you could take Leo some cut flowers, since he can't enjoy them at home right now?

Do take care, and hugs to all of you!

Rian said...

Do a load of laundry for me while you're at it.

Blogger seems to have a mind of its own sometimes and even if you're not a no-reply it will make you one from time to time.

Glad to hear the good news about Leo.

Dorothy said...

Aw, good to hear that things are looking up. Routine is a good thing, but don't get too comfortable in it, because it's just going to change. Oh, and honey, it's Friday. ;o)

Anonymous said...

Hi Irene,

I'm so glad to hear the Leo is doing better. Having a sick spouse really throws a wrench in the routine doesn't it?!
I've never seen a pink daffodil, it's absoultely GORGEOUS!