Friday, April 4, 2008

Update

Leo had emergency surgery on Sunday morning. The cyst on the pancreas burst and ruptured his spleen, so they removed both the cyst and his spleen. The surgeon told me going in that he might not make it.

It's been an awful 10 days but I think the worst is finally behind him. He is still in ICU but I have finally been given some hope that he's going to make it.

Thank you all for your well wishes and prayers - they have meant a great deal to me.

Go right now and tell your husband you love him as the opportunity to do so can be taken away in a heartbeat.

6 comments:

Wendy said...

Wishing you and your husband the best...you're in my prayers.

Rian said...

I went through kidney cancer surgery with my husband a year ago so I understand the tenuousness, fear, and helplessness you must be feeling--big strong man seemingly so fragile. Hang in there, Irene. This is almost over and you will have him home soon. I'll hold you and Leo in my thoughts. Thanks for the update. Hug.

Nadine said...

I'm so glad that you have a bit of good news, Irene. I'm thinking of you and Leo, and hoping for a speedy recovery. Hugs from across the miles!

Freda said...

I'm adding you and your husband to my prayers. I hope he continues to do well.

Turtles In Northern Florida said...

Ive been thinking about you both.So glad to hear some good news.Hugs to you both.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that you have better news. I have been checking your blog every few days to see if you had an update. God Bless you and Leo. ((((hugs)))) from me too.

Silkquilter from about.com
Carolyn Thomas