Tuesday, April 22, 2008

I'm So Excited.....

I can hardly contain myself. You may remember a couple of weeks ago I showed you a painting that a dear friend, Helen, made for me. Well, Dave & Helen came over this afternoon for a short visit with Leo and look what they gave us!




She captured Ben so perfectly and we absolutely love it. Now I have to find a special place of honour to hang it where I can see it all the time.


I went to my Stitch N Chat group this morning and Lee, my new best friend (grin), showed this beautiful Stack N Whack that she made for her grandson.


She used jungle fabric which you can see better if you click on the picture to enlarge it, and she backed it in a really cute polar bear flannel.

I really enjoy these get togethers and it was especially nice today to get my mind off things for a while. My mind was so 'off' I actually drove home with someone else's car keys in my purse. I have absolutely no recollection of putting them in there - I'm sure someone else must have put them there as I would never do anything that dumb - at least I'm pretty sure I wouldn't :-)

1 comment:

Deborah Levy said...

That painting of Ben is beautiful! I know you must be thrilled!