Sunday, April 13, 2008

Never Too Late

"Never Too Late" is by a Canadian band called Hedley. Their lead singer, Jacob Hoggard came in 3rd in Canadian Idol a few seasons ago, once again proving that you don't have to win Idol to further your career. Their hit, "For the Nights I Can't Remember" recently topped the Toronto radio station charts.

Leo is improving, slowly but surely and there is talk of him coming home this week. Get this - there are so many nasty viruses going around the hospital and because his immune system is compromised, they think he might be better off at home. Boy, gone are the days when the best place to be when you are sick is in the hospital.

They would send a nurse in daily to check his drainage tube and make sure everything else was O.K. While I'd love to have him home, I just hope they don't rush things.

I wish I could quilt, but I can't. I still have a very hard time concentrating on anything for more than a few minutes at a time - I think I'm just mentally and physically exhausted.

I'm not even sure why I'm blathering on here, other than I've missed my blog and find it almost cathartic to get some of the ramblings out of my head.

I do have something quilty to post. I received the latest Quilt of Valour Top from Joan on Friday. As I've mentioned before, I belong to a small group of on-line Canadian Quilters that have a forum on Delphi. Come and join us - there is always a welcome for any newcomers. Didn't they do a wonderful job on this top!

I ordered a new panto called Maple Syrup which I thought would be appropriate - it hasn't arrived yet, but it should be here any day so I hope to get it quilted soon. Of course, I didn't limit my purchase to just one panto - that would be such a waste of postage now, wouldn't it!

1 comment:

Deborah Levy said...

Glad to hear Leo is continuing to improve. My thoughts are with you.