Monday, April 21, 2008

Back In The Saddle

Tillie and I got reacquainted yesterday and it was a wonderful feeling to be able to quilt again. I made a scrappy tablerunner last year which was supposed to be part of a very dear friend's birthday gift. Well, it never did get quilted (Tillie hadn't entered my life then....sigh) so yesterday I finally finished it. I can't post pictures until she gets it as I don't want to spoil the surprise, so stay tuned.

I think things are finally settling into a pattern around here. Leo sat outside in the sunshine this afternoon and watched the robins and squirrels. We are very partial to robins around here as we had a family build a nest on the wreath on our front door two years ago.



If you click on the picture to enlarge it, you'll see the nest right at the top of the wreath. It wasn't long before these were in the nest.



A few days later the babies arrived:

Before we knew it, they were a week old:


It was a wonderful experience having such a "bird's eye" view (sorry, couldn't resist), but it also seemed like a huge responsibility to make sure these little ones were safe. We use our front door exclusively to enter the house, and we found ourselves trying to use it as infrequently as possible so as not to disturb either the nest or the eggs/babies.


If you enlarge this final picture, you'll see the little beaks poking out of the nest.




So now, whenever we see a robin, we always wonder - is it one of "our" robins?

2 comments:

Deborah Levy said...

What sweet pictures of your robin family!

Glad Leo sat in the sunshine and that you got a little quilting in.

SandyQuilts said...

Oh my what an experience ... I'm sure "your" robin returns every year.

Yea Leo .... don't get a sunburn. Glad you're home.