Saturday, September 6, 2008

Finally Some Quilting Content

First of all, I would like to thank all of you who left comments and e-mailed me about Leo. It is very much appreciated by us both and you have no idea just how much your concern and good wishes mean to me.

My new Tillie arrived this week and Leo got her set up for me. I haven't had a chance to actually do anything with her yet, but she sure looks pretty!


I just can't say enough good things about A.P.Q.S. Since they couldn't send me a free UPS return label because I'm in Canada, they sent me this instead:


Those 'gifts' are worth at least three times more than it will cost me to send my old machine back. They really are a great company!

Yesterday, four friends from our Stitch N Chat group did a Quilter's Shop Hop in the Buffalo, N.Y. area. What a great time we had and the stores really went all out to provide goodie bags, snacks and drinks at each location. We also received a 'clue' at each store for a quilt designed by Debbie Caffrey. We even managed to squeeze in a visit to Jo-Ann's and Wal-Mart and the icing on the cake was we sailed through customs.

Here's a picture of my loot from the day - a lot of the fat quarters were gifts in the goodie bags:

You all know how much I needed more fabric - right?

If everything goes according to plan, I'm on vacation for the next week. I leave on Wednesday for my seminar in Amherst, NY and I have some cutting that I need to get done this weekend so I'll be prepared for my classes.

Before I do that, however, I need to clear off my sewing table. Where I'm going to put the stuff that's on my table is a mystery to me, but maybe I can just add a little bit more to the growing piles on the floor.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooooh. Niiiiiiice. We love gifties. The thread samples are great.

Mary Johnson said...

The gifts are certainly a nice surprise! Glad the machine is set up and running well and that Leo came through his surgery without problems.