Monday, September 15, 2008

Monday Already

Yesterday we went to the menu tasting for the wedding and finalized all the time lines, set-up, etc. The meal was excellent and I only hope it is as good on 'the' day.

The wedding is being held in Niagara-on-the-Lake which is a very pretty little town on the Niagara River.



This is a picture of The Atrium, inside the hotel where the ceremony is being held.

When I got home I was totally exhausted. I've done way too much driving lately and my age is beginning to show as I just can't do it like I used to. Never before in my life have I wished I could be a passenger as much as I do right now.

Today I'm planning to clean out my display cabinet and china cabinet. You could write your name in the dust in both of them and since my Aunt is hosting a shower at our house in a couple of weeks, I need to get it done. I'd love to be able to ask my cleaning lady to do it and pay her extra, but I know what her answer would be. She insists I take all my ornaments off the tables when she comes as she doesn't want to be responsible for breaking them. She's a kind, honest lady which is why I haven't had the heart to look for someone else. She's also afraid of getting anywhere near the computer and you know how much dust they attract. There are many times I feel like I'm making a charitable donation when I pay her.

The dust is calling my name so I better get busy.

3 comments:

Suzanne Earley said...

I'm pretty good at ignoring any dust that tries to call my name.

Rian said...

I hate dust! When we moved to a house with not much carpet I thought dust might be a thing of the past--NOT!! It's worse. Now we have dustbunnies. Big hungry ones.

Mary Johnson said...

What a beautiful spot for a wedding. Glad the plans seem to be moving along well.

I have to say I love not having to drive much. At this point, it's unusual for me to drive more than a couple times a month although I might ride in the car when Keith and I run errands or go to dinner if it's somewhere not in walking distance.