Thursday, May 22, 2008

A Bit of This and That

I've been back at work for the last two days which explains why I don't have much to say. I have come to the realization that the less I work, the less I want to. It really gets in the way of so many much more important things like quilting and socializing and shopping. Maybe this will be the year I finally retire.......

Tomorrow Sandra & I are going to see her wedding dress. She got a call a few weeks ago to say it had arrived, but this has been the first opportunity we've had to go and see it.

Darren & Sandra are having their engagement pictures taken this weekend at Toronto's Union Station.


She loves black & white shots and thought this would make a perfect backdrop.

My highschool reunion is this weekend and it's been so much fun getting e-mails and 'then' and 'now' pictures from everyone attending. It seems that most of the men have compensated for the sparseness of hair on their heads by growing facial hair. Now that I think about it, maybe that's not just restricted to the men......

It makes me feel ancient when I talk about graduating almost 40 years ago. I don't feel old - well - except for the arthritis, and the asthma and the carpel tunnel, and - wait - maybe I do feel old. I don't remember...........

1 comment:

Three Birds Inspired said...

Loved your comment about facial hair growth not being restricted to men of a certain age! My BIG reunion isn't for anothe two years but I can relate to the 40th reunion shock...how can it be? We are still such young women!! I am always surprised when I look in the mirror and see the face looking back at me!