Tuesday, May 20, 2008

A Year And A Half Later....

My Dog Cabin is finally quilted and bound.


If you click to enlarge it, you can see I used a panto called Puppy Playground by Heart & Soul Quilts. It has dog biscuits, balls and 'doggie' terminology on it - fetch, sit, bow wow - you get the picture.





What I didn't realize and never really thought about before, is that the writing on the back is backwards and can only be read by looking in a mirror. This really disappointed me for some reason as I didn't want the quilting to be too obvious on the front as the dogs should be the focal point, not the quilting, but I wanted it to show on the back which is why I chose white and not black thread.


If you enlarge this one, you'll see what I'm talking about. Another lesson learned. It's off to the Humane Society with this one and I won't be sorry to see it go!

We saw the surgeon today and it was 'mostly' good news. He did give us a worse case scenario which would involve further surgery but I'm not even going there right now. I'm only thinking positive thoughts.

Speaking of positive thoughts and pleasant things, I had a great time at my Stitch N Chat today. I can't tell you how much I like this group of ladies and how kind and welcoming they have all been to me. We went out for lunch after our chat session and all had a yummy chicken shawarma.


Actually, ours looked much better than this image I found.

I'm off to watch Idol which I predict will be boring as hell, but I'll watch it anyway!

3 comments:

Deborah Levy said...

I think the quilt looks great Irene. I too donate quite a few to the humane society. My kitties love quilts, so I figure the other animals must too,

Glad the news is mostly good for Leo. I know you must be relieved.

SandyQuilts said...

Hey the quilting turned out GREAT, I like the white thread. Kisses to Leo. Oh and Ben too.

Lunch looks so good. Did you take any show'n'tell photos at Stitch'n' Chat?

Rian said...

Dog Cabin! How cute is that! I have never heard of a shawarma. I guess I don't know everything after all. Keep thinkin' those positive thoughts.