Sunday, May 25, 2008

A Blast From My Past

I attended my 100th Anniversary Highschool Reunion yesterday and what a great time we had. I reconnected with so many people I haven't seen for 38 years and we shared a lot of trips down memory lane.

Here I am with my three best friends from school - Linda & Susan (can you tell they are twins?) and Tony. We spent a good part of the afternoon together then a group of 24 of us had a wonderful dinner at a downtown restaurant and caught up on our lives.


It's funny the things you remember, but I'll never forget how good Tony was to me when I lost my Dad in Grade 10. He really helped me through a very difficult time and I'll always be grateful and treasure the friendship we had.

I was determined to get the label done for my Dog Cabin today but my embroidery machine had other ideas. After three attempts, I gave up and had a nap. I don't know what is wrong with it - I tried 3 different bobbins, I cleaned the bobbin area, I hooped and rehooped three different fabrics (all cotton) and this is what the back looks like:

The front isn't much better:



If anyone has any suggestions please let me know what to try.

On a completely different note, my cousin in Scotland is an amateur photographer but in my opinion his work is wonderful. Here's a picture Lorna sent me today of a blue tit which Charlie took in their back yard. Click on it to see it in all it's glorious detail!

He has some wonderful pictures on his website at http://www.pbase.com/charlie_mcc if you'd like to pay him a visit.

No comments: